Our school’s strong reputation is based on our proud track record for excellence. Our approach is based upon Christian principles and the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
At King’s Kids Christian Montessori School, we offer a lovely classroom setting where children work in an atmosphere of freedom and responsibility.
The Montessori materials provide a sound academic base. They attract your child’s interest and support your child’s learning. An active, hand-on approach enables your child to discover the world.
Core Curriculum for Age 1-3 Years
Our Montessori-based curriculum within this age group fosters the children’s curiosity and natural inclination to learn. Its main focus is on Independence, Innovation and Creativity.
- Our nurturing preschool programme is based on solid research on early childhood education and child development.
- Preschoolers explore their rich classroom environment, building speech and language skills, sensorial education, practical life skills as well as fine and gross motor skills, rhymes, mathematics (Round Counting). At this level, the child is prepared for future learning.
- Our creative preschool curriculum promotes language and cognitive development. Hands-on learning materials and classes in art, music and movement are designed to meet the developmental needs of the preschoolers, Creativity/Activity-Paper work and paint splash
- Preschoolers “fly up” from the programme confident and well prepared for the transition to the next level.
Core Curriculum for 3 - 5 years
This school has decided to follow the formal Montessori education using ‘free and organised’ way with phonic methods and trained personnel to groom the children - the future generation of leaders, filled with the reverential fear of God, in spite of gender, status, colour or race.
The curriculum creates awareness and applies every desirable teaching and learning methods in Montessori school to develop the children and effect smooth transition from home to school.
The school provides adequate care and security, supervision and other necessary facilities, hygiene, rest and regular medical attention. These physical needs with the observation, direction and supervision by the teachers help the child use his sensory motor skills.
At the age of 3 to 5 years, children develop their basic conception skills necessary for life and reasonable linguistic repertoire for meaningful communication and their creativity fostered.
Our Pre-school curriculum guarantees the child the skill for self-discovery of his environment and potentials which must be nurtured so as to grow and flourish in a structural environment.
Through the Montessori methods, the child is assured of background educational soundness for perfect primary school performance and above.
*Language Development and Communication Skills, *Mathematics, *Sensorial Education, *Practical Life, *Physical and Health Education, *Cultural Studies (Geography, Zoology, Botany, History), *Practical life exercise and social norms, *ICT, *French, *Diction, *Music, *Creative Arts.
Core Curriculum for Grade Level
The Montessori elementary core curriculum has three major elements:
1. An integrated curriculum using Montessori’s five great lessons
2. Mastery of fundamental skills and basic core knowledge
3. Individually chosen research
The elementary age child is full of awe and wonder about the world in which he lives. The Montessori elementary programme inspires a love of learning by going beyond the usual goals of skill development and addressing the development of the whole person. Children who complete our programme have a clear understanding of the natural world of human knowledge and of themselves.
The elementary curriculum uses Montessori’s five great lessons as its major themes. The five great lessons move logically in sequence from the beginning of time through modern day.
Rather than following the traditional approach of presenting facts, we use the great lessons to present a holistic vision of knowledge, building the subject skills into each topic or theme. We take the children from the whole to the parts and back to the whole again.
Grade Level Programmes:
*Mathematics, *English (comprehension, grammar and composition), *Physical/Health Education, *Music, *Fine/Creative Arts, *Social Studies, *Civic Education, *History, *General Science (Botany, Zoology, Geography), *French, *ICT, *Phonic, *Diction, *Quantitative/Verbal Reasoning